Cosmetic Dentistry: Long-Term Benefits
Cosmetic dentistry can have a long-term effect on your smile, your oral health, and your overall health. A cosmetic dentist can improve the appearance of the alignment, shape, size, and color of your teeth which can enhance their look and their functionality. Dr. P. Steven Wainess practices dentistry in St. Clair Shores, MI. He specializes in cosmetic dentistry.
5 Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry in St. Clair Shores
There are many advantages to cosmetic dentistry. Here are the top five:
- Restoring your confidence: If you have chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth, you probably hide your smile. But once these issues have been corrected by cosmetic dentistry, you can smile with confidence and people will be able to see the difference in you immediately.
- Long-lasting effects: You can rest assured that your cosmetics dentistry treatments are made to last. That means the money you invest in your oral health pays off over the long-term. Cosmetic treatments can also help your natural teeth last much longer.
- Optimizing your oral health: Misaligned teeth are not only a cosmetic problem, but they can also affect your oral and general health. When teeth are misaligned your risk of tooth decay is increased, as is your risk of gum disease. The later also increases your chance of heart disease and stroke. Cosmetic dentistry optimizes your oral and overall health.
- Recovery time is brief: Another benefit of cosmetic dentistry is that you don’t have to spend days recovering from your dental treatment. Typically, recovery time is short, and you will experience very little pain while you recover.
- Speak and eat with confidence: Once your dental procedure is finished, you will be able to enunciate fully and eat any type of food you enjoy without worrying about damaging your gums or teeth.
If you’re looking for a dentist in St. Clair Shores, call (586) 293-1515 today to schedule an appointment